On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:05:16 +0100, Werner Kuehnel
<werner.kueh...@mannheimer.de> wrote:

>Unfortunately I don't have access to the definition panels of HMC due to
>outsourcing, but we defined our LPARs in the group with no defined
>capacity. Just the group capacity. And both benefit from unused CPU of
>each other. Here is a screenshot of RMF3 monitor:
>Partition  --- MSU ---  Cap  Proc
>                      Def   Act  Def   Num
>IMDMVG         0    37  NO   2.0
>IMDPRO          0      8  NO   2.0
>
>Werner Kuehnel

Thanks Werner,
   I was thinking about removing the cap from each LPAR and leaving the
group cap as it is, but it suddenly started balancing properly. No idea why.

   I think I'll change the individual LPAR caps anyway. It's duplicitous in any
event.

Thanks again,
       Dave K.