Perhaps someone could summarise cogently what was wrong with water cooling
the first time around (which, yes, I was there to witness). :-)

I surmise it wasn't the water cooling so much as the space and the energy
consumption that caused it to be necessary.

Martin Packer,
Mainframe Performance Consultant,
Software Group Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 16/02/2010
19:23:08:

> Ed Gould <ps2...@yahoo.com>

> IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

> 16/02/2010 19:23

> What was old is new again (water chilled)
>
> Sent by:
>
> IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100211090748.htm
>

> New supercomputer uses water-cooled technology to save energy
> (February 16, 2010) -- A new supercomputer uses a unique water-
> cooled technology achieves 30 percent savings in electrical consumption.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.