Your original PROC had two EXEC statements and the SETUP DD was after the second, which didn't run. Could it be that you deleted one of those EXEC statements along with the comments?

Bob

מתן כהן wrote:
Hi Chris,
1.i do mean comments.
2.  as i already said before . i did all the customization as written in the
books (just as you wrote me) . but  my resolver just didn't want to read my
setupres member as i wrote.
after i delete all the comments from the resolver procedure the resolver did
read the member.
my problem was not only when the procedure was started by USS and was occur
even when issuing a 'S RESOLVER'.

thank .