Works just fine in a MONOPLEX. I am doing it now. Additional initiators
are started/stopped based on the mix of work currently in the system. If
you have some mix of JES and WLM managed inits, this can be used (as one
example) to limit test/dev work when production is heavy.

Pay close attention to your goals. If they are set unrealistically, you
will not get good results.

I recommend the following as *REQUIRED* reading before proceeding (watch
the wrap):

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/resources/servers_eserver_zseries_zos_wlm_
pdf_cmgbatch_pdf_wlm_goal_based_initiator_management.pdf

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/resources/servers_eserver_zseries_zos_wlm_
pdf_wlminits_pdf_wlminitsjm.pdf

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/resources/servers_eserver_zseries_zos_wlm_
pdf_velocity_pdf_velocity.pdf

HTH,

<snip>
I am reading about the WLM Managed Initiator possibility. As fas as I
understand, the option is designed to use it in a Sysplex environment
with
mutiple systems. Are there any advantages and/or disadvantages when
activating it in a Monoplex environment (so only on a single system) or
is it of
no use in this situation?
</snip>