From: John Kington <john.king...@convergys.com>
Subject: Re: SMS QUESTION - MULTI VOLUME ALLOCATION
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

Willie,

>I have a DATACLASS defined to use a Volume Count of 5 to  allocate >specific
>dsns for 7 specific alias.
>When I exeucted the DEFINE CLUSTER the dataset, which is VSAM, is allocated
>with the correct DATACLASS.  However, when I execute the >batch job to
>populate the cluster I abend on IEC030I B37-04,IFG0554A.  The volume runs out
>of space.
>It seems that the SMS doesn't span the next extent to the next volume in that
>group.
>My question is, is SMS behaving correctly?   If so, should I need to code the
>DATACLASS parm in the DEFINE CLUSTER?  For a quick fix I coded >the DATACLASS
>parm and the job worked.

Do you get the correct dataclass on the vsam dataset when you omit
dataclass(xxxxx) from the define statements? If not, I would recheck the data
class acs routines to make sure you are finding these datasets and setting the
data class.

Regards,
John

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/