On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:29:42 -0500 DanD <mvs-j...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

:>For all the users of my dynamic STEPLIB command from the CBT File 452 please
:>be aware of a couple of situations.

:>On z/OS 1.11 you may encounter a D78 abend.
:>On z/OS 1.12 you may encounter a D0A-04 abend.

:>The D78 fix has been available for a while (April '09).
:>The D0A-04 fix has just been released.

:>This command was originally designed for use on TSO.  Some users have
:>extended the use of this command to execute in a batch TMP environment.
:>Please be aware that in a batch environment STEPLIB cleanup is not
:>automatic.  The original STEPLIB DCB/DCBE storage will be released but any
:>storage acquired by the STEPLIB command will be orphaned.  I suggest the use
:>of "STEPLIB CLOSE" when terminating a batch TMP step that uses STEPLIB.
:>Failure to do so will cause a small amount of LSQA to be orphaned and
:>eventually may cause problems in the INIT.

:>Please contact me with any problems/suggestions.

Why not allocate the LSQA at the jobstep task level? That way it will be freed
when the TMP ends.

http://www.dissensoftware.com