Paul Gilmartin wrote:
We have a problem attempting to track which version(s) of
SMPPTFIN files, each containing multiple PTFs, have been
RECEIVEd.

Is there a way to embed a sort of command in SMPPTFIN
that will create an entry in SMPLOG (or elsewhere)
unambiguously recording that that SMPPTFIN file, as
opposed to any other, has been RECEIVEd?

Is there even a way to embed a standalone comment (not
associated with any PTF) in SMPPTFIN?  "++ NULL" serves
this purpose for SMPHOLD.  For SMPPTFIN, I have sometimes
resorted to embedding an otiose "++ ASSIGN" to bear
the comment.  Is there a neater way?

Could you put a uniquely-named PTF in SMPPTFIN that won't VER to anything? You'll get GIM38901I and GIM22601I in SMPLOG with no apparent dangerous side effects.

Bob