Actually, the dataset we had a problem with wasn't a VSAM dataset, but the
situation was that the storage folks had started setting up VSAM striped
datasets which, of course, required VSAM EF.  I've been a performance
analyst/capacity planner for some 15 years now, so I'm no real familiar with
the current SMS processes.  I don't know why setting up VSAM EF to stripe one
VSAM file would have caused this.  I just know that it did.  The PS dataset in
question had the same high level as the VSAM dataset they had striped.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.