From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Mark Jacobs
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 09:31
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: SYSPLEX/CFRM Couple dataset(s) relationship

At our last DR exercise we had an incorrect CPU serial number in our
CFRM policy which resulted in a failure in our IPL. We fixed the CFRM
policy and re-wrote it replacing the incorrect policy (same policy
name).

When we re-ipled, the system was still looking for the CF lpar with the
incorrect CPU serial number even though the CFRM policy with the old
serial number wasn't in the CFRM dataset. We couldn't get the system to
IPL until I deleted and redefined the SYSPLEX couple dataset.

Does the sysplex couple dataset retain information about the CFRM policy

in use other than the name of the last used CFRM policy?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools
are so ingenious.

  -- Robert Heinlein