-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
john gilmore
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IEBCOP Y losing A PF authori sation in middle of JOB - etc‏

Chris Craddock and now Jim Mulder have exhausted this topic; but moribund
threads often take a long time to die here; instead, like a second-tier
operatic heroine, they go on singing interminably.

An authorized step cannot load a member from an unauthorized library; and an
unauthorized step cannot of course load a member from an authorized library.  E
basta.

<SNIP>

Actually, an authorized program can attach a daughter task, have it MODESET to
PROB. The daughter task then does a LOAD(s), then POSTs the JS TCB when done.
The authorized program, which is still in SUPSTATE under the JS TCB,  promptly
resets the JSCBAUTH....

I know of about three products that did this for various reasons. I don't know
if they still do.

Regards,
Steve Thompson