-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Jim McAlpine
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:09 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Code page for Java on USS

I'm in the initial throes of setting up an environment to run Java UDFs
in
DB2 for z/OS and I'm getting hit by the square brackets problem when
trying
to compile a small Java program.  How and where do I set the code page
so I
get the correct square brackets.  Code page 1047 rings a vague bell, but
where do I set that up.

<SNIP>

If you are using ISPF, then USS is probably not your problem (either
Unix System Services OR VTAM's Unformatted System Services). The problem
may be a translate table used by VTAM or within your 3270 emulator
package.

And no, I'm not being pedantic here, USS is misleading in this case --
insufficient context.

Regards,
Steve Thompson