On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:42:08 -0600 "Stocker, Herman"
<herman.stoc...@avisbudget.com> wrote:

:>I have been asked if there is away for the user to find out what access they
have to a data set before they attempt to update or read it.

Well, they could ask the security guy.

The real issue is why do they need to know? Obviously, if they have a
legitimate need to access the dataset but do not have permission, there will
not be a write up if the access fails.

:>Is their any RACF command that a general user could use to find out the type
access they have to a data set?

There is LD. But it skips some things that a real access does.

http://www.dissensoftware.com