Kees,

*************
>  IF ACTIONMG(1)='1' & IFRAUWF1(6)¬='1' THEN
>    DOMACTION(NODELMSG) HOLD(DISABLE) CONTINUE(Y);

Wow! The discussion currently raging in the ETR is that I say HOLD(DISABLE)
fixes the problem and NetView disagrees. They say that the HOLD parm
shouldn't have any influence. (Note they said *shouldn't*! :-)

I didn't know about the ACTIONMG keyword, though. That looks better than
my current 'solution':
IF DESC(x)='1' THEN DOMACTION(NODELMSG) HOLD(DISABLE) CONTINUE(Y);
for x=3..10,12..16
I was reluctant so far to set this unequivocally for *all* descriptor codes,
but
your post gives me the confidence to put this into my sandplex, re-IPL (to see
if it still works :-) and then introduce to the production plexes.
-
I have also posed the question to NetView why they *always* assume that an
action message MUST HAVE a DOM. And have based their design on that. My
take is that a DOM *may* occur, but doesn't *have to*. And I think that that
is the cause for a lot of contortions.
-
Best regards, Barbara