So this SMSHONOR thing has really caught my attention.   I've been looking
through documentation this morning as if I can get this to work in our
configuration, it will serve a need in our environment.

We're getting ready to move all our virtual tape from a Composite Library
with 2 Virtual Libraries (peer-to-peer).  The drives are 'owned' by the
composite.  With a most of our tapes older than a year, they're on
back-end tape & will, of course, need to be loaded back into the buffer
before we copy them.  We'll be using OpenTec's TapeCopy product to move
the tapes from the old libraries to the new.  I can read the BVIR reports
& know which virtual tapes are stacked on which back-end tape in each
library.  If I can force a copy job to use a tape drive in a specific
library, then I could set the TapeCopy job up to read the tapes in order
from the back-end tape owned by that library making the process of
recalling tapes into the buffer more efficient.

But because of the way the drives are defined in the peer-to-peer
relationship to the composite library, I wondering if I can get this to
work.  We're in the process of upgrading from zOS1.9 to 1.11 & I haven't
had a chance to run anything yet on the 1.11 system.

So has anyone worked with this 'flavor' before?  Offline response would be
OK by me.
dd keller

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.