According to what I heard this week, IBM are apparently (strongly) discouraging
the use of the
original function without the later "filesys" support. As in don't use it.
Manuals will apparently be refreshed in the June timeframe.

Still doesn't answer Jims concern about lack of (customer) control over the
migration.

Shane ...