----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Pace" <mpac...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 12:36 PM
Subject: Migrated datasets

In my HSM reports I show some datasets as being migrated, yet there are no
catalog entries for these datasets.

Is there a way to either Recall them to DASD, or HDelete them from the tape?

Mark,

Two reasons this would happen, less likely and more likely:

1. Someone logged on with Group(ARCCATGP) and deleted the MIGRAT datasets without recalling them (less likely since this should have been you). 2. The datasets were recalled and deleted by the users, but the MCDS entries still exist to support Fast Subsequent Migration, and you have not reached the MIGRATIONCLEANUPDAYS threshold for those MCDS records (more likely since I just had the same issue at my client).

Regards,
Tom Conley