Timothy,

I saw your post talking about having an A01 warm standby with Z03 CBU.
That's similar to what my management is thinking, but without the warm
standby.  We have EMC storage and it we do synchronous mirroring from
our main site to our DR site.  Since that is all done via the EMC
control units we don't need to have the system up for it.  We do want to
go to the DR site as needed to do minimal "connectivity" tests.  For
those we plan to just IPL the A01 system.  Then, when we need to do
"serious" DR tests we would activate the Z03 and IPL that.  Basically,
the whole purpose of this exercise is to determine how long it would
take to be up and ready for those minimal "connectivity" tests.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

Everything
> you described seems like it would be covered as part of CBU, and if
you
> have a CBU capacity of Z03 then you'll be experiencing IPL times
> associated
> with the Z03 capacity (upon CBU activation).
>
> Could you elaborate a bit on what scenario(s) you have in mind?
Thanks.

> - - - - -
> Timothy Sipples
> Resident Architect (Based in Singapore)
> STG Value Creation and Complex Deals Team
> IBM Growth Markets
> E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.