From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Bernd Oppolzer
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: partially initialized structures in C (3)

Sorry for the missing line feeds.

C statement:
*    scp1215ein           in1215     = { 0 };
Pseudo ASSEMBLER (structure starts at 272(r13)):
ST    r6,<a5:d272:l4>(,r13,272)
MVI   <a5:d276:l1>(r13,276),0

C statement:
*    scp1215aus           out1215    = { 0 };
Pseudo ASSEMBLER (structure starts at 296(r13)):
ST    r6,<a5:d296:l4>(,r13,296)
MVI   <a5:d300:l1>(r13,300),0

Kind regards

Bernd

Just me (and I'm not really good with C), but why not just use memset()?

memset(&in1215,0,sizeof in1215);

--
John McKown Systems Engineer IV
IT

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell