  From:       "Davis, Kriss" <kpda...@ilstu.edu>

  To:         IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

  Date:       05/19/2010 02:46 PM

  Subject:    Getting "BIND/LINK" date out of load module members

I am working on process to monitor/audit load libraries for new/replaced
members during a date range.  I have a working version that uses AMBLIST
with a SYSIN of LISTIDR.  I run the REPORT OUTPUT created by this to a
disk dataset for a given load library.

Then in the next step, I parse the REPORT output looking for the member
name and BIND date.  If the BIND date is less than 3 days old, I output
the member name on the report.

The AMBLIST step (unloading all the member data to the report) takes
quite awhile for some of our larger LOAD libraries.  And of course,
outputs a lot more info than I need.  I just need the member name and
the BIND date.

Is there another IBM utility (or a different parameter for AMBLIST) that
would unload a LOAD library of its members and dates more efficiently?

I only run this once a day, so it is not a big deal that it runs quite a
while, but it would help testing new features if I could get the
"AMBLIST" part to run faster.

Thanks in advance!

Kriss

Kriss Davis