I have access to the Dallas system as well.  I'm assuming that you mean
/u/ibmuser/.sh_history.  It works for me, is there another one in another
location that you want me to test?

Sorry if things don't line up well when I paste them.

step 1:

   File  Directory  Special_file  Commands  Help
                                 Directory List

 Select one or more files with / or action codes.  If / is used also select an
 action from the action bar otherwise your default action will be used.  Select
 with S to use your default action.  Cursor select can also be used for quick
 navigation.  See help for details.
 EUID=0   /u/ibmuser/
   Type  Filename                                                   Row 1 of 3
 _ Dir   .
 _ Dir   ..
 e File  .sh_history

step 2

   File  Directory  Special_file  Commands  Help
 - +---------------------------------------------------+ ----------------------
   |          Select Edit or Browse Options            |
   |                                                   |
 S | Enter options for edit:                           | s used also select an
 a | Profile name . . . . ________                     |  will be used.  Select
 w | Initial macro  . . . ____________________         | so be used for quick
 n |                                                   |
 E | Select additional options:                        |
   | _  Edit or browse command line on bottom          |            Row 1 of 3
 _ | _  Bypass this panel on edit                      |
 _ |                                                   |
 e |                                                   |
   |                                                   |

just press enter and you get step 3

  File  Edit  Edit_Settings  Menu  Utilities  Compilers  Test  Help
EDIT       /u/ibmuser/.sh_history                          Columns 00001 00072
Command ===>                                                  Scroll ===> PAGE
****** ***************************** Top of Data ******************************
==MSG> -CAUTION- Data contains invalid (non-display) characters. Use command
==MSG>           ===> FIND P'.' to position cursor to these
==MSG> -Warning- The UNDO command is not available until you change
==MSG>           your edit profile using the command RECOVERY ON.
000001  cd /u/ivp
000002   etpval
000003   etpvalc
000004   ctof