-----------------------------------<snip>----------------------------
An IDR is an IDR is an IDR. 'Translator' IDRs are not different in format from putative 'user' IDRs; nor do they appear in some canonical sequence that makes them distinguishable from others. That said, any competent HLASM programmer can retrieve existing ones or create and timestamp a new one. A number of ISVs have indeed succeeded in retrieving them in order to incorporate the information they contain in their own products' outputs.
Dig out your old Linkage Editor PLM and check the record descriptions. IDRs have four different type of data, but a single physical record can only contain one of the types. Since I haven't looked at program objects, I won't dispute the point in that case.

Moreover, it has been a long time since the linkage editor extracted such information from translator-generated END statements; and the binder never did. (The historical use that CICS made of [different] information appended to END statements made this operation problematic early on.) They (and the translators, which associate them with object modules) have generated their own IDRs for decades.
Funny thing. My most recent PL/1 objects don't contain anything but ESD, TXT, RLD and END records. Where's the IDR? On my Assembler objects, it's there in the END record for all the world to see.

Rick