This is very difficult to quantify, as it depends upon a great many things;
the speed of the CP that z/VSE is running on, the speed of the IFL that
Linux is running on, whether or not hipersockets is in use, the MTU size of
the link, the release of z/VSE, the release of DB2 LUW, the number of rows
in the query... and there's likely to be more that I can't think of right
off the top of my head.

I might suggest requesting reference accounts that have been through this
process.

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Arye Shemer <aryeshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with z/VSE connected to DB2 on zLinux ?
>
> If yes, it would be much appreciated to get some performance
> information like number of queries per second or any other numbers.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Arye.

Rich Smrcina
Velocity Software, Inc.