-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Gibney, Dave
Sent: Tuesday, 25 May 2010 7:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DFHSM Doc on when it resets the "dataset changed flag(bit)"

   So, I have some possible conclusions.
1. When I set it so that HSM and FDRABR would both take back-ups, I
mistakenly put UPDATEFLAG=NOCHANGE on the FDRABR step that backs up my
non-SMS (non HSM) volumes. Since HSM never looked at these volumes and
FDR didn't set the flag either, I get a copy per run.

2. I still do FDR FASTCPK on the SMS volumes. It seems that FASTCPK sets
the dataset-changed-bit. I'd sure like a way to not set the bit here.

Dave,

Re #2, Innovation have a custom zap that will allow you to not set the
dataset-changed bit when running FASTCPK but you'll need to call them up and
speak to them about it so that they can explain the ramifications of
installing it.

Stephen Mednick
Computer Supervisory Services
Sydney, Australia