Hi John,

That's correct, but I believe for it to work correctly, if you specify
separate, then the sysdebug DD needs to point to a file ....

Kind regards,
Peter

"Chase, John" <jch...@ussco.com>
Sent by: "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
02/06/2010 01:33 PM
Please respond to
"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: CICS DFHLD0203 issues

It's on my list of things to look
> at.  :-)
> Thanks,
> Frank

If you don't "need" the contents of the side file you can allocate it to
DUMMY at compile time.  For COBOL it would be:

//SYSDEBUG DD DUMMY

   -jc-

> On 6/1/2010 at 1:16 PM, in message
> <vnetibm.20100601191635.9...@bldgate.vnet.ibm.com>, Tom Ross
> <tmr...@stlvm20.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> >>  IS there some other "quick fix" we can do
> >> without requiring a recompile of all modules with NOTEST?
> >
> > If you do recompile, use TEST(NOHOOK,SEPARATE) and you can have
> > all of the benefits of TEST(NOSEPARATE) (formatted dumps,
> > ability to debug with Debug Tool) without the large load
> > modules.  The choice should be SEPARATE vs NOSEPARATE,
> > not TEST vs NOTEST!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<

> > send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN
INFO
> > Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
>

> The information contained in this electronic communication and any
document attached hereto or
> transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the individual or entity
> named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or the employee or agent
> responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any examination,
> use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or
any part thereof is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the sender by
> reply e-mail and destroy this communication.  Thank you.

This e-mail message, including any attachments transmitted with it, is
CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. This message is
addressed. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately and delete it from your system. Please visit our website to read
the full disclaimer: http://www.euroclear.com/site/public/disclaimer