-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Thompson, Steve
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: COBOL COPY Problem

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Sergio Lima
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: COBOL COPY Problem

Hello List=2C

=20

We need compile some batch Cobol programs here=2C and have a problem.

=20

First=2C if compile without CBL LIB=2C received this error :

=20

IGYDS0010-S A "COPY" statement was found but the "LIB" compiler option
was =
not i
            effect.  Scanning was resumed at the item following the next
pe=
riod.

=20

Then=2C after include my LIB where are the COPYBOOKS=2C and insert CBL
LIB =
In the COBOL SOURCE received this error :

=20

10.58.48 JOB02869 ---- THURSDAY=2C  08 JUL 2010 ----
=
      =20
10.58.48 JOB02869  IRR010I  USERID IBMUSER  IS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB.
=
    =20
10.58.49 JOB02869  ICH70001I IBMUSER  LAST ACCESS AT 10:58:02 ON
THURSDAY=
=2C JULY=20
10.58.49 JOB02869  $HASP373 COMPBAT  STARTED - INIT 1    - CLASS A - SYS
SY=
S1  =20
10.58.49 JOB02869  IEF403I COMPBAT - STARTED - TIME=3D10.58.49
=
      =20
10.58.51 JOB02869  IEC130I SYSLIB   DD STATEMENT MISSING
=
    =20

<SNIPPAGE>
After reading other replies, I could see in their copies of the post the
override for the SYSLIB, which just was not clear in what I had (see the
above broken text -- in the copy of the post that I got, only got worse
as you read to the bottom).

The problem is, the COBOL step overrides must appear before the LKED
overrides, or the ones needed for COBOL will not be "attached" to that
step and the compiler will not see the SYSLIB DD (which is why, for
every COPY statement, you got the IEC130I message).

Regards,
Steve Thompson