From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Walt Farrell
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:12 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IEFU83, IEFU84 and IEFU85

Well, I have to admit that I don't feel like looking through all the code
right now to see how RACF issues the records in all the different
circumstances.

But I will point out that although some RACROUTE invocations support only
non-cross-memory task mode, others support cross-memory task mode, and some
support SRB mode. From that I would expect that we probably utilize most (if
not all) of the allowable methods of writing our SMF records in some code
path or another.

For the failing cases, are you sure that the SMF records are being created
at all?  Have you seen them in the source system's SMF data sets or SMF log
streams?  If not, that should be your starting point.  If they are there,
but your exit is not seeing them, then you know that it's because you need
one or more of the other exits.

If you are missing specific records, from specific functions, for specific
applications that would also provide more diagnostic information.

--
Walt Farrell
IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design