----- Original Message ----- From: "Craddock, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:04 PM
Subject: RE: MEMLIMIT and IEFUSI

/snippage/
So you're going to modify the IEFUSI exit for each needed change,
reassemble it and activate it dynamically? Yeah right. And what happens
when you're out on a smoke break when that SOX-compliance job just has
to run right now and it keeps failing for lack of region? That's not
exactly a responsive way to run a system.

What we did was decide that we needed to set reasonable limits, and allow
people to specify in JCL what they needed, when our reasonable proved to
be not reasonable.  We did this by assuming that only the first characters
in ACCT= would be meaningful account information.

So we have a lot of JCL that looks something like:

//   EXEC  PGM=DFSRRC0,ACCT=(,REGION,6M,128M)

Where anyone can specify what they need below the line, above the line and
so on.  We actually support all the values that can be changed in IEFUSI.

Except MEMLIMIT.

It's in the todo list somewhere.

Lance