On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:49:36 -0500, Larry Macioce wrote:

>I remembered there was a maint section on
>the HCD panel and lo and behold there is a "copy" .
>So I copied the current IODF to the D9esy1 pack that I will ipl from.
>I have made the appropriate changes to sys1.iplparm, so keep your fingers
>crossed.

I'm pretty sure I'm not following your plan...

If you copy via HCD to your DR disk, you still won't have your IODF/IOCDS
aligned unless you never refresh that disk.

We replicate our disk to a warm site. When we first built our DR environment
(local z9 -> remote z10), we performed part of the migration actions to get an
IOCDS to POR and an IODF that matched the hardware. Once we IPL'd the
z10 for the first time, I went in an cleaned up all the garbage from the
migration and created a new IODF/IOCDS set. Then I copied the IODF, tersed
it, and FTP'd it to my PC and back to my local z9. That way I have a DR IODF
on my local disk that matches my remote definitions and it replicates with
everything else.

Are you not refreshing your D9esy1 volume ??? That seems like a lot of
complexity and wasted space to preserve an IODF.