From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Donnelly, John P
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: CPU Utilization after upgrade z800 to z10

We upgraded from an IBM z800 Processor 2066-002 to an IBM z10 Processor
2098-O02 this past weekend.
Our CPU utilization dropped by about 10 points on a 24 hour window as
did our CPU overhead statistics.
We were and are z/OS V1R9 plus toleration maintenance for a z10.
We changed nothing in all of our function, WLM, IEAOPT, or reporting
processes, SMF,RMF,SAS,MXG and are concerned that we may be producing
numbers that will not stand scrutiny.

Is there a place in any of this where we might specify a 'normalization'
to a z800 processor type or some such?

Your kind and gentle thoughts, please.

John Donnelly
National Semiconductor Corporation
2900 Semiconductor Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95051

408-721-5640
408-470-8364 Cell
cjp...@nsc.com

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.