----- Original Message ----- From: "Hal Merritt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:24 AM
Subject: IBMLINK et al.

Ever since the shop was opened in 1999, we have had a web based service
from IBM that allowed only basic APAR searches and electronic problem
reporting of 'software defects'.  We could download PTF's.

There was no charge.

Now the web navigation has changed such that I can no longer access the
service. IBM is insisting that this is correct, and, oh by the way, I
should have not had any such service at all; all are fee based.

Perhaps I am not using the right words. It is really difficult to keep
up with the name change game.

Does anyone know what the name of that free service would be in
todayspeak?

Hal,

IBM got rid of ServiceLink Basic years ago. Now you gotta pay to play. They have a free site that's not IBMLink. You should order service through Shopz or the new SMP/E release.

Tom