On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 04:01 -0500, Etienne Thijsse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read that I can have a batch job write to the screen by coding
> TERM=TS on the DD statement, like this:
>
> //TERM       DD  TERM=TS,SYSOUT=*
>
> But I am not seeing anything being written on the screen; the output still
> ends
> up as an entry in SDSF... Should I do something else to have it write to the
> screen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Etienne

There is no way to have a batch job write directly to your TSO session
via a DD statement. The JCL syntax you have shown is to allocate a DD
such that IF IT IS USED IN A TSO PROC FOR USE IN LOGGING ONTO TSO, then
it allocates the user's TSO terminal. For all other purposes, such as
batch or an STC, then it allocates a SYSOUT dataset, as you have seen.

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><