Would be nice to have(i.e TERM=TS from a batch job)

On 9/2/2010 4:40 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:51:03 +0200, R.S. wrote:

Etienne Thijsse pisze:
Thanks, John,

Then I guess my JCL book is wrong; it says "Coding TERM=TS on a //SYSOUT
DD statement sends the output data set back to the terminal if it was
submitted from a terminal." in the section about the SUBMIT TSO statement.
I don't want to analyze the "wording", but the real meaning is as John
said. In fact your TSO session is understood as job, and this job can
use TERM=TS. Your TSO activity, including submitted jobs is something
different. The job you submitted is not related to your TSO session in
any way. It's completely different, independent entity. It could write
to your terminal as well as to any other terminal - of course it will
not do it via DD.

Simply, then, the "wording" does not belong in the section about the
SMBMIT TSO statement.

-- gil