Staffan,  That VRS chain should do what you describe. The results do not
depend on whether you have specified VRSEL(NEW/OLD) in parmlib. The types
of location do not have a bearing on this.  What is important are the data
sets and how VRSEL might be processing them.  You should see this in the
REPORT file created by VRSEL.
First find the 'ABC.DEF.**.G¬¬¬¬V¬¬' mask in the REPORT. Below that should
be listed all the matching data sets, and they should be grouped together
in cycle groups, each with a set of counts after them.  Are all the data
sets you mention grouped together or separately? Can you show the section
from the report?
One more thing; pick a volume you expect to be moved and list all its
details. Check the 'required location' and also that the volume has not
been set to MANUALMOVE.

Mike Wood   RMM Development