On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:51:17 -0600, JONES, CHARLIE wrote:

>We have a LARGE application program that is exhausting below the line
>storage and abending.
>
>Sub Pool 0 (File Buffers) and Sub Pool 2 (Working Storage) are using
>about 3.5m
>
>Are there any easy tricks to make the entire program run above the line?
>Or will we simply have to reduce file buffer sizes (Blocking Factor) and
>reduce Working Storage array sizes?

How much in subpool 0 and how much in subpool 2?  With very modern storage
controllers you can probably reduce the file buffers and not impact the
performance too much (not like you might have in 1990, for example).

At some point in the near-ish future you might want to get that program
researched to see how you want to move it above the line though ... it may
take a while to do it and, as I like to say, "time is nature's way of
keeping everything from happening at once."

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI