On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:21:01 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:58:15 -0500, Alvaro Quintupray B.
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>    I need to manage the use of classes when users submit their batch
>>processes . . .  I have been researching the topic and found that I can do it
>>using the exit IEFUJI   and defining a special class in RACF.
>>
>>Has anyone done this implementation before ?
>>

>If you searched the archives, then you will see that the answer is "yes".

You might consider using an automation product to do this instead. Unless
your JOB Class structure never changes. Ours doesn't... didn't... until
recently.

We recently went tapeless. We had a bunch of JOB Classes reserved for
tapes. The reasons for segregating tape JOBs from the rest suddenly went
away. If we had this hard-coded in a JES exit, it would have taken a month to
change it, test it and implement. The OPS/MVS change took a couple minutes.