Fred,

Here is a sample of what is running over here
Environment z/OS 1.11 , JES3 and ACF2 R14.

$KEY(HWI) TYPE(FAC)
$USERDATA(IBMGDPS)
 APPLNAME.HWISERV UID(CAN0*********PSTXCFAS) SERVICE(READ) ALLOW
 APPLNAME.HWISERV UID(*) ALLOW
 TARGET.IBM390PS.P00C5B42.- UID(*) ALLOW
 TARGET.IBM390PS.P00C5892.- UID(*) ALLOW

And see Ross's comments about $USERDATA.

HTH,

Pierre