On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Robert A. Rosenberg <hal9...@panix.com>wrote:

> At 09:32 -0400 on 11/02/2010, Charles Mills wrote about WTO ABEND D23 help:
>
>  There is a field in the WTO MF=L commented as "WPX length." It assembles
>> as
>> 104=x'68' and it's still x'68' in the dump. I don't find "WQEBLK" or "WPL"
>> in the listing.
>>
>> I've looked at the MF=E macro expansion and it seems to be storing the
>> CART
>> address and the CONSID in the right place in the MF=L. The text pointer is
>> correct (16 bit length + text).
>>
>> What else should I be looking for?
>>

> I see that after tweaking you got it working. One tip for the future. If
> you are going to use parms like CART and CONSID in the MF=E, they should
> also be used in the MF=L. Some parm lists have flags set in the MF=L
> indicating what parms are being supplied. If you fill them in via MF=E,
> there can be problems if those parms (and thus the flags) are not also in
> the MF=L. I am not saying that that this was your problem but it does not
> hurt to make sure by having the parm in both macros (if not needed, it will
> not cause any problems for macros where the MF=L just provides the parm area
> but no content and the MF=E does ALL the work of building the parms).

that's true. It is best to use as close to identical MF=E and MF=L
expansions as possible. That can be a bit tricky if you don't know ahead of
time how many message lines you're going to need. The limit for a
non-privileged caller is 10 btw. I also feel honor bound to point out that
the IEZWPL mapping is (to be charitable) extremely misleading. If you're
going to build your own expansion you will need to study the actual WTO
macro expansion rather than relying on IEZWPL. Try "WTO TEXT=(...) with one,
then two and then three message lines and you will fairly quickly get the
gist of it.

--
This email might be from the
artist formerly known as CC