Please send to the list of offline, not both.

In <20101124194915.3apsz.22626.r...@hrndva-web15-z02>, on 11/24/2010
   at 07:49 PM, Eric Bielefeld <eric-ibmm...@wi.rr.com> said:

>And before the first ISPF, there was SPF - I think it stood for
>Structured Programming Facility.

The progression went

 Structured Programming Facility
 Interactive Structured Programming Facility
 Interactive System Productivity Facility

The first was abbreviated SPF and the next two ISPF.

>026?  I remember an 029 and an 024(I think).

The 026 was an 024 with printing.

>But we were talking about editors when I made the comment about you
>like what you first learned.

I could insert characters on an 026, although it was frowned on. But I
didn't care for IEBUPDAT or ATS either. My first assembler was SOAP 2;
I wouldn't care to go back. My first compiler had one-character
variable names; thanks but no thanks. I'm quite happy never to have to
use what I first learned.

>Some people even call VI an editor!

The editor from Hell is better than some I've used.