On 11/29/2010 11:26 AM, Lizette Koehler wrote:
I am z/OS V1.11

I am in the process of working on upgrading COBOL from Enterprise COBOL V3 to
V4.2

I have been reading the Share presnetations, Migration Guides, and
miscellaneous documents.

Does anyone have any gotchas on migrating from V3 to V4.2?

Only major change I see is the XML improvements, but everything else looks okay.

Thanks

Lizette

I see Mark Jacobs already pointed out the only installtion
gotcha' that I'm aware of when doing this upgrade.

Now, ahem, what are you doing to train your programmers to
be aware of and use the new features? It's probably not
your area of concern, but you might pass this on to the
right people in your organization:

Our two courses "Enterprise COBOL Update" and "Enterprise
COBOL Unicode and XML Support" might be of interest.

Enterpise COBOL Update is a two-day course that describes
the changes to COBOL from VS COBOL II up through Enterprise
COBOL V4.2 on a release-by-release basis, including practical
hands-on labs. Details at:

  http://www.trainersfriend.com/COBOL_Courses/d704descr.htm

Enterprise COBOL Unicode and XML Support is also a two-day
course, but this focuses on how to work with Unicode (and
ASCII) from COBOL programs as well as how to parse XML and
generate XML from a COBOL program. Changes introduced with
each version of Enterpise COBOL are discussed. There are
ten hands on labs! Details at:

  http://www.trainersfriend.com/COBOL_Courses/d705descr.htm

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html