From: Vernooij, CP - SPLXM [kees.verno...@klm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Question concerning CMF reporting of CPU Delay

"O'Brien, David W.  [C] , NIH/CIT" <obrie...@mail.nih.gov> wrote in
message
news:<cd22aa1aee707d489d9250d13e3862a18593711...@nihmlbxcms02.nih.gov>..
.
> We had a situation where our M204 users reported a delay but CMF shows
the main delay as CPU but at a relatively low %.

> Question - Does CMF only report CPU delay for the Logical Processors
in that particular LPAR?
> The LPAR is question often shows CPU usage of 90+%, while the CMF
LPARSTAR view shows a physical cpu% of 35-45%.

> Is it possible that the delay at the Physical processor is not
reported, or reported in a different view?

> Thank You,
> Dave O'Brien
> NIH Contractor

How many logical processors does the Lpar have and how many physical
processors does the machine have? If this ratio is 1:2, 90% lpar
utilization means 45% machine utilization.

Kees.
e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286