On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 13:37 -0500, Ted MacNEIL wrote:
> "How do we read the IPL instructions when/if the mainframe was down?"

What Ted said.  A few weeks ago we did some major electrical work in the
machine room and had to go dark for an hour.  When the kids activated
their ESX farm one of the virtual servers needed for DNS was being
recalcitrant, something to do with their whizbang Active Directory...
and they weren't able to investigate it because they didn't have a
external copy of the server farm's IP addresses.  "Um... the IP
addresses are documented on the wiki."  Whoops.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.