Johnny Luo wrote:
[...]
Take a data set named 'md0006.tools.jcl' for example,I want to know
all of its definition in RACF,that is:
1,Whether it is RACF-protected?
2,If true,how RACF protect it?

I issued the command 'LISTDSD DA(md0006.tools.jcl) ALL' and received
the message that there is no RACE definition for it.

However,I don't know if this is just enough to draw the conclusion that this
data set is not RACF-protected.

Johny,
There are two kinds of DATASET profiles, discrete and generic. If you want to check "what profile protects my dataset" issue TWO commands:
LD DA('HLQ.MY.FILE') ALL
and then
LD DA('HLQ.MY.FILE') GEN ALL
First command lists discrete profile - if any exists.
Second command lists generic profile actually protecting the dataset.

Note1: Discrete profiles are rather obsolete & not very popular nowadays.
Note2: It is possible to exist many "fitting" generic profiles, but only one of them is "best fitting" and this one actually protects the file (in case of absence of discrete profile).
Example:
HLQ.**
HLQ.MY.**
HLQ.MY.F*
HLQ.MY.FIL%
The best fitting is the last ons.
You don't need to worry what is best fitting, RACF will tell you.
Note3: Caution! Dataset names used in LD command should be enclosed in apostrophes, otherwise TSO prefixing will take place.

HTH
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland