big grin :-)

I do: download files to Win or OS/2 using FTP oder RECEIVE,
then KEDIT the file (big applause to Mansfield Group)
then insert a special char at the "split points", e.g. %

then

set hex on
change /%/x'0d0a'/* *

then save the file and reopen (or upload to z/OS).

Same technique for THE on Linux.

But it should also be easy to do this with an ISPF edit macro,
which does mass splits - at every occurence of a given char.

Kind regards

Bernd