From: Larry Macioce [mailto:mace1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Library access confusion

I am getting ready to apply some CA maintenance and clean up (remove) some
old datasets.
I have backed up the datasets to which maint will  be applied, and just for
S&Gs thought I look at a few other datasets reference dates.
Much to my surprise I found an old CA dataset ref'ed today!
I sit back and think for a minute, Oh... I know what happened the dsn I
backed up has a similar name and I finger checked it.
 Looked at my JCL output and no the names are correct...hmmmm
Now I know I never removed it from the linklist, go check and guess what, it
isn't there.
So now I am confused.
So my question is how do I find what allocated the file short of renaming it
and
wait for the abends?
Thanks
Mace