On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:35:19 -0600, Chris Mason
<chrisma...@belgacom.net> wrote:

>George
>
>I scanned the IP System Administrator’s Commands manual in order to check
>on this matter of the CONN operand. There's no actual explanation but it's
>suspicious that, when entered as a command operand, the value is always
>decimal in the examples whereas the CONN column in output is clearly
>hexadecimal. It's not at all "user-friendly" that the number would need to be
>converted - particularly when very large as yours are!
>
>If this is correct your 38B37 needs to be entered as 232247. This is clearly
>useless operationally. There's a faint chance that you can enter the number
in
>any C format so you could try 0x38B37. That is just a wild guess but it's
worth
>a try.
>
>Chris Mason

My apologies Chris.  This post is where I went awry.

I started doing the hex to decimal conversion and received the message:
EZZ6057I NO QUALIFYING MATCHES

So I then inadvertantly issued the following command and got the "error"
which I mentioned in my previous post, which was due to my own accord of
not having the second "CONN" in the command:
D TCPIP,TN3270,TELNET,CONN=nnnnnn

It was apparently then when I went scrounging into the manuals and found
the TELNET option, which also works on my 1.11 system.

So that mention of the error was purely my mistake.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Pat L.