On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:14:50 -0800, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>It fails with:
>
>IEF212I JCLERROR IGMLENU SYSUT2 - DATA SET NOT FOUND
>
>If it can find the data set for SYSUT1, then why can't it find it for SYSUT2?
>It
>works fine when a normal cataloged data set is used. It fails only with a
>temporary data set. We can't find this restriction documented.

Armed with a priori knowledge of the correct answer, I went looking for
the restriction.  I found, to the contrary, that it's supposed to
work:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2b560/4.1.1.2.1

... but fails with the error you got.

PMR Record 60499,033,000 has been submitted to IBM.

I hope they don't persist in their habit of changing the rules whenever
a customer reports a problem they feel like not fixing.

I hate JCL!

-- gil