Hello:

I'm trying to figure out what the OUTREC statement below does, in
particular what the length of the output record will be.

As you can see, the FIELDS consist of five "position,length" pairs which
add up to 67 bytes (4+1+20+22+20=67), then there's "68", all by itself.
What does "68" mean?  I looked in half-a-dozen DFSORT, SYNCSORT or
CA-SORT manuals that I have but find no clue as to how a single
"position" operand (w/o length) would be interpreted.  Any idea?
Thanks.

 SORT FIELDS=COPY,STOPAFT=1
 OUTREC FIELDS=(1,4,67,1,5,20,45,22,25,20,68)
 RECORD TYPE=V,LENGTH=(4096,,,,205)

--
 Gilbert Saint-Flour
 http://gsf-soft.com