A question related to the topic being discussed:

Are the SYS1.PARMLIB(PROGxx) entries:

LPA ADD DSNAME(SYS1.MVS.EXITLOAD) MODNAME(...)

always processed before:

EXIT ADD  EXITNAME(SYS.name)     MODNAME(...)

during z/OS initialization?

Or, are they processed in as specified via PARMLIB sequence?
(In such a case one needs to ensure to specify PROGxx
LPA entries before corresponding EXITs).

Since I not sure of the above, and I did not conduct an
appropriate experiment to ascertain the above - I still
load my exits into LPA via IEALPA00.

Thanks ... Janek