From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Default REGION Size

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:28:36 -0500, Haynes, Stan <stan.hay...@cra-arc.gc.ca>
wrote:

>The issue with how much *low* private to allow is ensuring RTM can
successfully GETMAIN, so I'm wondering: if we change the default to 128M, or
192M, etc, do we need to subtract some vstor for the low private ?

That is why you need an IEFUSI (or IEALIMIT) exit.

I really wish MVS would externalize LSQA reservation, above and below the line
region size defaults etc..  in a parmlib member.  But of course an exit is much
more flexible since you may need more than a "one size fits all"
specification.  (not that jobnames etc. couldn't be added to some parmlib
member to override the defaults)

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna