I like VM/VSE better
Ok now don't beat me up here
LOL

             Rob Schramm
             <rob.schramm@GMAI
             L.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua                                     Subject
             .edu>                     Re: z/OS 1.13 preview

             02/15/2011 10:59
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua
                   .edu>

Does anyone else think that working with z/OS is completely the coolest
thing since the invention of "sliced bread"?

I am reading thru the 1.13 announcement and there is alot of really cool
stuff. It is hard to just select a few things to talk about.

Rob Schramm

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Steve Comstock
<st...@trainersfriend.com>wrote:

> Today the IBM announcements newsletter included the
> preview for z/OS 1.13.
>
> One point that caught my eye immediately:
>
>  * Support is planned for in-stream data sets
>    to be used within JCL procedures and for
>    include statements.
>
> Well! That's been a long time coming. But I'm sure
> more than a few on this list will appreciate it.
> (Note: announced for JES2 only)
>

> Another interesting change:
>
>  * Support is planned for job return codes.
>    This support will be designed to allow you
>    to specify that the job return code be set
>    to the highest return code encountered by
>    any step, the last step, or a specified
>    step in the job. This will help make it
>    simpler to interpret the results of job
>    execution.
>

> For ISPF:
>
>  * Line command level Edit macros
>

> There are _tons_ of other enhancements listed:
> this looks to be one of the most complex new
> releases in quite a while. I'll report on the
> ones that seem significant to the application
> development community in my annual post after
> the docs are available and I've had a chance
> to through them more carefully. But the
> above seemed significant and easy to grasp
> right away.
>

> --
>
> Kind regards,
>
> -Steve Comstock
> The Trainer's Friend, Inc.
>
> 303-393-8716
> http://www.trainersfriend.com
>
> * To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
>  + Training your people is an excellent investment
>
> * Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
>    for training dollars at
>  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html

Rob Schramm
Senior Systems Engineer